Sunday, July 20, 2008

Today's Updates to the Church Management System

I think I will call the CHMS "Hill Church Management System", at least for now.

I need to eventually re-do some of my existing code base to make it faster, and eliminate any copyrighted code so I can distribute this system.

Today I:
Created tblGroup positions to hold info on the various positions people can hold in A group, such as leader, facilitator, member, former member.

Created tblGroupTypes to hold info about the various possible group types. There are a lot of these Whole Church, Commitee, Small Group, Wednesday Night at the Hill, Children's Sunday School, Adult Sunday School, etc...

Created tblLocations to hold locations used by the Calendar and to denote where groups meet.

Created tblLocationMapping so that I can have locations that map back to multiple other locations for purposes of seeing if a room is busy. For instance, the basement at Chapel Hill might be listed as a location "Lower Level" but would actually comprise many smaller locations that would be busy whenever the entire basement is busy.

Created tblEvents to hold information about events for the calendar.

Worked on this from 4:30 - 5:15

No comments: